Emerging Spanish Programs
Established Spanish Programs
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Teaching strategies
- Classroom management
- Standards inclusion
- Program design
- Communicative-based content
- Core values
- Cultural competencies
- Why is this lesson important to teach in this particular way?
- Why is the progression important?
- How can I use routines to advance language acquisition?
- How can I adapt the lessons for my unique group?
Your practical working knowledge and level of teaching a foreign language will improve dramatically by using Kallpachay’s curriculum.
- Step-by-step guide to immersion teaching
- Speech production focus
- Captivating visual imagery
- Art activities
- Science projects
- Cultural components
- Games, songs, and more!
Beginners to Intermediate LEVELS
Our Time Travel Series capitalizes on students’ innate capacity to infer meaning when 100% immersed in a Spanish-only environment. Students gain confidence and skills in all areas of language acquisition. Our progressive lessons advance students with creative techniques that place an emphasis on oral fluency. Expectations for student achievement are built into all lessons. Our activity pages are a culmination of every lesson’s key content so that the student is prepared to succeed. Adaptable for ages 4-10.
EliteAll three thematic units
PremiumTwo thematic units of your choice
ProfessionalOne thematic unit of your choice
EACH THEMATIC UNIT INCLUDES:
- Teacher’s manual
- 10 (one hour) lesson plans
- 10 activity pages coordinated to the lesson
- 10 audio MP 4 files for home or class practice
- Audio/visual material files to use with the lessons
- Thematic poster for attendance
- Thematic vocabulary flashcards
- 8 emotion cards
- Program overview for your own use and to share with parents
- Letter of explanation of the immersion approach for parents
- 5 additional hours of lesson extension options
Kallpachay’s curriculum has proposed activities that meet the purpose of promoting student participation and the acquisition of the Spanish language.Violeta Huerta
Kallpachay has trained, equipped, and mentored over seventy teachers to implement successful immersion classes to over six-hundred students. Our teachers excel using Kallpachay’s communication-based immersion techniques and parents report that the gains in their child’s speech production surpass their expectations.
Kallpachay provides professional development services to schools of all types. For schools with well-established Spanish immersion programs to those in the planning and initiating stages, we offer our expertise in immersion and communicative-based teaching techniques. Your school’s unique goals guide us in determining the perfect blend of services to recommend, including but not limited to: workshops, trainings, mentoring, in-services, and observations. *For schools that require help identifying areas for growth, our consulting services fill that gap, and allow us to provide that roadmap for you.
Your teachers will gain first-hand experience in utilizing communication-based activities through direct instruction, dialogue, practice, guided observations, mentoring, and feedback. Kallpachay experts help your teachers apply communication-based skills in their classrooms to ensure students’ performance in all competencies of language acquisition will improve.
DESIGN YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE:
- Infuse communication-based activities into your lessons
- Invigorate your Spanish class with high-interest activities
- Incorporate standards into dynamic, thematic-units
- Design and adapt activities to integrate grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, and listening with communication skills
- Balance units with cultural competencies
- Extend oral fluency in your routines
- Incorporate technology in your classroom
- Include your topic of preference
- Prep work
- Guided practice
- In-depth series
- Address multiple goals
- Follow through
- Skype meetings
- Group chats
- Teacher blog access
- Working with you in your classroom
- Arrange off-site visits to our classes
- Preview our lesson plans
- Be observed teaching a part of our lesson in our class
Professional Development Testimonials
Schools can partner with Kallpachay to enrich their students’ lives with quality Spanish immersion language education. Schools and parents with a desire to fill the second-language learning gap can rely on our expertise to customize and manage a program for them.
Extended Day Program
- Daily aftercare dismissal to 6pm
- Daily Spanish immersion and other enrichment choices
- Homework help/Snack
- Afterschool enrichment
- Core Spanish curriculum
- Spanish through physical or arts education
- Thematic units before school
- Virtual exchanges
- Homestay hosting
- Curriculum projects
Events & Community Engagement
- Spanish Schools’ Summit
- Tailored programming
Training for Caregivers
Your Child’s Language Journey Begins Here
Kallpachay prepares parents, relatives, and nannies with the skills and confidence to become a child’s first language teacher. Our immersion method empowers caregivers through on-the-job training and off-site meetings. Our services are customized to match each family’s schedules and goals.
Our training and certification program:
- Recognizes infancy and early childhood as the most effective time to teach a second language
- Give parents certainty of their caregiver’s strengths to teach a second language
- Optimizes the time your child spends with your Spanish speaking caregiver
- Parents for whom Spanish language acquisition through immersion is a priority and goal for their child.
- Parents that want certainty that their goals for Spanish acquisition will be realized through the caregiver/child relationship.
- Parents that are in the process of hiring or have hired a Spanish-speaking caregiver for their infant.
- Parents that value second language education and want to learn and grow while supporting their caregiver.
In our training program caregivers learn how to:
- Optimize their effectiveness as a language teacher
- Reach each of the essential language milestones